Perfecto Connect is a secured network connection that supports testing mobile apps, web apps, and websites hosted on the local development network. The Perfecto Connect feature opens a direct connection between Perfecto Lab devices and a local network or backend server or a staged app not publicly available in other environments. This dedicated tunnel connection precludes the need of opening a VPN tunnel or defining the Perfecto Lab in the IP safe list of the development network.
Perfecto Connect involves:
- Using a simple client command-line interface to establish the dedicated tunnel to the Perfecto Lab.
- Selecting devices in the Automation script and associating them to the relevant tunnel.
- Running the tests on the applications that reside in the secure zone of the development network.
For the Perfecto Connect script to run successfully, the device language must be English.
The key values of the Perfecto Connect solution include:
- Support for both mobile devices and desktop web devices.
- The service fits any digital interactive, automation, and CI test Executions.
- No installation is necessary, just execute the client application.
- Association of multiple devices on the same tunnel
- Support for tunnel initiation from macOS/Windows/Linux workstations.
- Support (for debugging and troubleshooting purposes) of customer’s bridging proxy (installed on workstation) – including support for Charles proxy and others.
- Debug over real devices from the customer's local network/backend environment
In this section: