This article walks you through the integration with Botium, an automation testing tool for chatbots using APIs. Botium also provides management tools with out-of-the-box test environments and test sets. By integrating Botium with Perfecto, you can run your Botium tests in the Perfecto lab.
Watch this video to see a demo of the integration setup. Detailed steps follow.
These instructions assume that you have set up your Botium cloud account or installed your Botium Box container. You can register for a free trial at https://www.botium.ai/free-trial.
Perform the following steps to integrate Perfecto with Botium. This procedure mainly involves setting up the Perfecto device lab. When done, you are ready to execute your Botium test projects in the Perfecto lab.
To integrate Perfecto with Botium:
In the left panel, click Settings.
At the top of the Botium Box Settings view, click DEVICE PROVIDERS.
Click REGISTER NEW DEVICE PROVIDER.
- In the REGISTER NEW DEVICE PROVIDER form, do the following:
- From the Device Provider list, select Perfectolabs Desktop Browsers for Selenium or Perfectolabs Real Device Browsers for Appium.
- In the Device Provider Name field, enter a name for your Perfecto lab.
- In the Perfecto Cloud Url field, provide the URL of your Perfecto cloud, such as
In the Perfecto Security Token field, enter your security token.To generate a security token
In the Perfecto UI at <YourCloud>.app.perfectomobile.com (where YourCloudis your actual cloud name, such asmobilecloud), click your user name and select My security token.
In the My security token form, click Generate Security Token.
Click Copy to clipboard. Then paste it into any scripts that you want to run with Perfecto.
- Click Close.
In the left panel, click Device Labs.
- In the Register Device Set form, do the following:
- Enter metadata for your device set (name, tags, description). In this example, Devices is selected.
From the Device Provider list, select either Perfectolabs Partner Cloud - Devices or Perfectolabs Partner Cloud - Desktop Browsers. In the example image, Desktop Browsers is selected.
Select from the devices available in your Perfecto lab. In the example image, iPhone-SE is selected.