Harness is the industry’s first Continuous Delivery-as-a-Service platform, designed to provide a simple, safe, and secure way for engineering and DevOps teams to release applications into production. It uses machine learning to detect the quality of deployments and to automatically roll back failed ones, saving time and reducing the need for custom scripting and manual oversight.
This section walks you through integrating Perfecto with Harness.
Click a step to view details.
Perform the following procedure to Install the Harness Delegate, a service that runs locally and connects your resources (artifact servers, infrastructure, and collaboration and verification providers) with the Harness Manager.
To install the Harness Delegate:
- To start using Harness, sign up.
Install the Harness Delegate according to these instructions.
When you have downloaded, unzipped, and run the shell script, the Delegate is installed and should be listed on the Delegates page shortly.Note
Before creating the artifact, make sure all Delegates are running (if you installed more than one). If any Delegate is down, click Provision Again.
As an artifact server, you can use either Jenkins or Atlassian Bamboo. In this step, we will walk you through setting it up in Jenkins. You may also refer to the Harness documentation about adding an artifact server.
To add a Jenkins artifact server:
- Click Setup > Connectors > Artifact Servers > Add Artifact Server.
In the Jenkins Artifacts form, do the following:
- From the Type list, select Jenkins.
- In the Display Name field, provide a name for the artifact server. This is the name you will use to identify this connection when adding an artifact source to a Harness service.
- In the Jenkins URL field, provide your Jenkins URL, for example
- Under Authentication Mechanism, select UserName/Password or Bearer Token (if available) and provide the credentials.
- Under Usage Scope, do the following:
- Under Applications, click the list and select the name of the application.
- Under Environments, select the type of the environment.
- To test if the Jenkins server is reachable, click Test. If successful, a confirmation message appears.
- Click Submit.
This section guides you through adding a Jenkins build process to the workflow. You may also refer to the Harness documentation on configuring Jenkins.
To add Jenkins to the pipeline:
- In the Prepare Steps section of the workflow, click Add Step and select Jenkins.
In the Jenkins Configuration form, do the following:
- In the Jenkins server field, select the Jenkins server you added as a Harness artifact server in step 3 above.
- In the Job Name field, select the Jenkins job to build the artifact. The job parameters configured in the Jenkins job are loaded with their default values.
- (Optional) Change the parameter values as needed.
This step walks you through your first deployment.
To start deployment:
- Click Continuous Deployment and select Start New Deployment.
In the Start New Deployment form, to the following:
- Select the deployment type.
- From the Application list, select the application.
- From the Pipeline list, select the pipeline to which you added the Jenkins step.
- From the Build/Version list, select the relevant build version.
Following are sample images of successful and failed completions of the pipeline execution. If the Jenkins job fails, the deployment is rolled back.
The following image shows results of a successful completion.
Integration with Perfecto Smart Reporting
When you integrate Harness with the CI Dashboard of Perfecto Smart Reporting, you can view the following information in the Perfecto Test Analysis view.